Lead USA Wrestling’s safe sports and compliance operations and serve as the primary liaison for all safe sports matters. Primary responsibilities include: (i) receiving, managing and responding to complaints; (ii) monitoring and analysis of data and trends; and (iii) communication regarding education, resources, and specific cases. This description is intended to describe the type of work performed by the person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of an employee.
Duties and responsibilities
• Serve as a liaison to the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), the US Center for Safe Sport (the Center), other national governing bodies, youth organizations, etc. on all matters related to safe sport.
• Work with General Counsel and others as needed, keeping informed of all important matters related to USA Wrestling’s Safe Sport program and USOPC compliance.
• Review, update and develop all USA Wrestling safe sport policies and procedures. Work closely with various departments to ensure best practices are created, communicated and consistently followed.
• Receiving, monitoring, investigating and resolving complaints, including assisting the necessary parties in investigating complaints related to Safe Sport and other policy violations.
• Facilitate communication to all relevant parties on the progress and status of complaints, investigations, hearings, appeals and final resolutions.
• Schedule training requirements and ensure compliance with training requirements.
• Manage all communications and relationships with relevant service providers, including but not limited to: educational program providers, websites, the Center, USOPC, etc.
• Ensure effective systems are in place to monitor compliance, complaints and related issues and provide updates and status reports as required.
• Disseminate information through the USA Wrestling newsletter, email, social media, the USA Wrestling website, etc.
• Provide regular and consistent information to State Safe Sport Coordinators and the AAC.
• Manage and oversee audits of regulatory bodies (USOPC and Center) and insurance carriers to ensure compliance with security measures and policies.
• Stay current with USOPC, Center and USOPC standards and training.
• Serve as a source of information for constituents of the sport of USA Wrestling.
• Plan and present educational opportunities at the annual meeting and other meetings, as appropriate.
• Work with state associations, safe sport coordinators, members, coaches, athletes, parents and volunteers to increase understanding of safe sport.
• Maintain records of all cases.
• Managing the annual conflict of interest disclosure process for the board, staff and board members
• Ensure accuracy of all board and committee information on website
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred (legal studies, social services, law enforcement, etc.). Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in related fields.
• Good interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to build trust, establish rapport and convey empathy.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess and navigate complex, highly sensitive situations.
• Ability to objectively assess problems and effectively move through problem solving using discretion and judgment.
• Possesses excellent written, verbal and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Experience conducting multi-party/complex investigations including interviewing, assessment and referral skills.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check conducted by the USA Wrestling service provider
• Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of engagement date and prior to interacting with athletes.
Travel: Domestic and international travel may be required; some weekends are needed
Salary range for employment:
Compensation commensurate with experience.
$70,000-$90,000 per year
• Paid vacation, personal and sick leave
• Approximately 10 paid holidays per year
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Life insurance paid by the employer
USA Wrestling Office located in Colorado Springs, CO – ability to work from office required.
USA Wrestling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive employment compensation without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position initially reports to the Executive Director.
Application process: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications are accepted until January 31, 2023.