SALT LAKE CITY, UT — The Salt Lake Chamber and Women’s Business Center of Utah (WBCUtah) is now accepting applications for its Diversely owned business accelerator. The seven-week cohort program, sponsored by Bank of America, is designed for a variety of small business owners to improve skills, guidance or strategies for their business.
“This is a logical next step in the Chamber’s diversity and inclusion efforts,” said Derek Miller, President and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber. “By helping all businesses grow and expand, we can further develop our economic landscape while making it a place where all people can succeed. We look forward to welcoming this new cohort as we work to help them live the American dream.”
By attending this course, participants will become more efficient, effective and successful by learning and doing the following:
- Design and define the niche of your business to be more competitive and draw a plan with milestones according to your business strategy.
- Create and use a brand style guide for brand consistency and effective marketing.
- Clarify their revenue streams and COGS/fixed costs and identify their breakeven point, then adjust pricing and sales targets with confidence.
- Systematize and automate processes and create a list of outsourcing options.
- Establish a 90-day action plan to move forward with your business strategy.
“We are thrilled to launch this new program and further expand our services to help historically underserved individuals in business,” said Ann Marie Wallace, state director of the Utah Women’s Business Center. “WBCUtah has already demonstrated success with our other cohort programs, training and mentoring opportunities. We look forward to working with this new group of entrepreneurs to help them run more efficient, effective and profitable businesses that can change their lives.”
The Diverse-Owned Business Accelerator will provide a peer-to-peer environment, support and accountability groups, and weekly project assignments that can be immediately implemented in their business.
“At Bank of America, we are focused on finding, creating and implementing sustainable solutions in the areas of jobs, affordable housing, access to health care and business ownership,” said Kate Moss, chief market officer for Bank of America Utah. “Supporting the Diverse-Owned Business Accelerator with the Women’s Business Center of Utah is just one way we are fulfilling this commitment.”
- Group size: 25-30 people
- Training schedule:
- February 16, 2023 – March 30, 2023
- Four hours a week for seven weeks
- Weekly sessions: Thursdays, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. personal training (10:30 – 11:00 a.m., one-on-one help)
- Weekly Mastermind Meetings: TBD (determined by each group)
- Lessons are held in person at Salt Lake Community College West Valley Center (3460 S 5600 W, West Valley City)
- Mastermind meetings held virtually via Zoom
- All accepted candidates participate at no financial cost – made possible by the generous support of Bank of America. (Actual Value: $5,000)
Deadline for registration
- February 3, 2023 by 5:00 PM MST
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified whether or not they have been accepted by February 10, 2023.
For more information click here.
This year’s founding partner is Bank of America. This program is in partnership with Black Success Center, GK Folks Foundation, Utah LGBTQ+ Chamber, Native American Chamber, PIK2AR, Salt Lake American Refugee Services, Salt Lake County Opportunity Partnership (CO-OP), Utah Microloan Fund and Utah Muslim Civic League.